These are a selection of the resources which are available to you.
If you would like to suggest any additional resources or improvements, please contact us.
To look for specific books, please search the Library Catalogue.
Here is a list of some of the newest additions to stock in this subject area:
(Click on the title to check availability on the Library Catalogue)
- Fragile lives: a heart surgeon’s stories of life and death on the operating table. London: HarperCollins, 2017.
- ECG: essentials of electrocardiography. London: Cengage Learning, 2017.
- Cardiology and the cardiovascular system on the move. London: CRC Press, 2016.
- Cardiovascular nursing demystified: hard stuff made easy. New York: McGraw-Hill Education, 2016.
- The cardiac catheterization handbook. 6th ed. London: Elsevier,2016.
- Clinical guide to cardiology. Chichester: Wiley/Blackwell, 2016.
- Common problems in cardiology. London: JP Medical Publishers, 2016.
- ECG interpretation made incredibly easy! 6th ed. London: Wolters Kluwer, 2016.
- Heart disease (Pocket Tutor). London: JP Medical Publishers, 2016.
- Heart failure and palliative care: a team approach. 2nd ed. London: CRC Press, 2016.
- Manual of cardiac surgery instruments. London: JP Medical Publishers, 2016.
To browse a fuller list of books available on this topic on the catalogue, please click here: browse Cardiology books.
Here are some relevant titles which are available as an e-book (click title to access and log in with NHS OpenAthens login if prompted):
|Oxford handbook of cardiac nursing. 2nd ed.||2014||Olsen|
|Cardiothoracic surgery. 2nd ed.
(Oxford Specialist Handbook)
|Oxford handbook of cardiology. 2nd ed.||2012||Ramrakha|
|Cardiovascular care made incredibly easy!||2010||Carline|
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, we can obtain articles from other libraries for you via our Document Supply Service.
Here is a selection of some of the journals available for this specialty:
|American Heart Journal||1995-||NHS OpenAthens|
|American Journal of Cardiology||2012- (2 month delay)||NHS OpenAthens|
|Annals of Pediatric Cardiology||2008-||Freely available|
|Basic Research in Cardiology||2002- (1 year delay)||NHS OpenAthens|
|BMC Cardiovascular Disorders||2001-||Freely available|
|British Heart Journal (continues as Heart)||1939-||NHS OpenAthens|
|Cardiology||1998- (1 year delay)||NHS OpenAthens|
|Case Reports in Cardiology||2012-||Freely available|
|Clinical Research in Cardiology||1999- (1 year delay)||Freely available|
|Current Opinion in Cardiology||2000-2016||NHS OpenAthens|
|European Heart Journal||1996- (1 year delay)||Freely available|
|Future Cardiology||2005- (1 year delay)||NHS OpenAthens|
|Interventional Cardiology||2009-||NHS OpenAthens|
|Journal of Cardiothoracic Surgery||2006-||Freely available|
|Journal of the American College of Cardiology||2002- (2 month delay)||NHS OpenAthens|
|Trends in Cardiovascular Medicine||2003- (2 month embargo)||NHS OpenAthens|
NHS Healthcare databases (HDAS) – (NHS OpenAthens login required)
Search across a set of databases including:
AMED – Allied & Complimentary Medicine – allied health professionals, complementary medicine
BNI – British Nursing Index – nursing, midwifery and health visitors
CINAHL – Cumulative Index to Nursing & Allied Health Literature – nursing & allied health professionals
EMBASE – Drugs and pharmacology
Healthcare Business Elite – Healthcare administration, institutional management
HMIC – Healthcare Management Consortium
Medline – general medicine database
PsycINFO – Psychology & allied fields.
ProQuest Hospital Premium Collection – (NHS OpenAthens login required)
PubMed – (no login required)
For more information on these resources, full visit our full Evidence-based practice page.
BMJ Case Reports – NHS OpenAthens login required. Contact us for Fellowship Code to submit case reports.
Clinical Knowledge Summaries – no login required
Cochrane Library – no login required
NICE Evidence search – no login required. See also NICE Guidance, NICE Pathways & Standards & Indicators.
TRiP database – no login required. TRiP PRO is available from NHS networked PCs.
UpToDate – access via Hub (Non-Clinical Systems) on RD&E site, or via NHS OpenAthens off site.
Here are some of the latest research publications written by RD&E authors in this specialty:
(added to the RD&E Research Repository):
- Percutaneous coronary intervention in stable angina (ORBITA): a double-blind, randomised controlled trial
- Exercise-based cardiac rehabilitation for patients with stable angina
- Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of Natriuretic Peptide Testing and Specialist Management in Patients with Suspected Acute Heart Failure.
- The impact of cardiovascular co-morbidities and duration of diabetes on the association between microvascular function and glycaemic control.
If you’ve written an article, book or book chapter and you’d like the details added to the RD&E Research Repository, please contact us: rde-tr.ResearchRepository@nhs.net.
For more information on how the library can support your research, please visit the Research Hub.
Click here for instructions and links to download the official NICE apps for:
BNF for Children
To use the NICE BNF and NICE BNFC apps for the first time and to activate any content updates, users will need to enter their NHS OpenAthens user name and password. For further advice, visit the NICE apps support page.