These are a selection of the resources which are available to you.
If you would like to suggest any additional resources or improvements, please contact us.
Download the latest Dermatology resource list here (PDF):
To look for specific books, please search the Library Catalogue.
Here is a list of some of the newest additions to stock in this subject area:
(Click on the title to check availability on the Library Catalogue).
- Lecture notes: dermatology. 11th ed. Chichester: Wiley, 2017.
- ABC of common soft tissue disorders. Chichester: Wiley, 2016.
- Essential microbiology for wound care. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2016.
- Wound care essentials: principles and practice. 4th ed. Philedelphia: Wolters Kluwer, 2016.
- Oxford handbook of medical dermatology. 2nd ed. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2016.
- Brown’s skin and minor surgery: a text and colour atlas. 5th ed. London: CRC Press, 2015.
- Clinical dermatology. Chichester: Wiley, 2015.
- Wound care at a glance. Chichester: Wiley, 2015. (also available as an e-book)
To browse a fuller list of books available on this topic on the catalogue, please click here: browse Dermatology books.
Here is a relevant title which is available as an e-book (click title to access and log in with NHS OpenAthens login if prompted):
|ABC of Common soft tissue disorders||2016||Morris|
|Wound care at a glance||2015||Peate|
|Wound care made incredibly easy||2009||Vuolo|
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, we can obtain articles from other libraries for you via our Document Supply Service.
Here is a selection of some of the journals available for this specialty:
|American Journal of Clinical Dermatology||2008- (1 year delay)||NHS OpenAthens|
|Archives of Dermatological Research||2002- (1 year delay)||NHS OpenAthens|
|BMC Dermatology||2001-||Freely available|
|Case Reports in Dermatology||2009-||Freely available|
|Journal of Investigative Dermatology||2000- (1 year delay)||NHS OpenAthens|
|Lasers in Medical Science||2002- (1 year delay)||NHS OpenAthens|
NHS Healthcare databases (HDAS) – (NHS OpenAthens login required)
Search across a set of databases including:
AMED – Allied & Complimentary Medicine – allied health professionals, complementary medicine
BNI – British Nursing Index – nursing, midwifery and health visitors
CINAHL – Cumulative Index to Nursing & Allied Health Literature – nursing & allied health professionals
EMBASE – Drugs and pharmacology
Healthcare Business Elite – Healthcare administration, institutional management
HMIC – Healthcare Management Consortium
Medline – general medicine database
PsycINFO – Psychology & allied fields.
ProQuest Hospital Premium Collection – (NHS OpenAthens login required)
PubMed – (no login required)
For more information on these resources, full visit our full Evidence-based practice page.
BMJ Case Reports – NHS OpenAthens login required. Contact us for Fellowship Code to submit case reports.
Clinical Knowledge Summaries – no login required
Cochrane Library – no login required
NICE Evidence search – no login required. See also NICE Guidance, NICE Pathways & Standards & Indicators.
TRiP database – no login required. TRiP PRO is available from NHS networked PCs.
UpToDate – access via Hub (Non-Clinical Systems) on RD&E site, or via NHS OpenAthens off site.
Here are some of the latest research publications written by RD&E authors in this specialty:
(added to the RD&E Research Repository):
- Paroxysmal purple palmar macules with a rare aetiology.
- Proteinase 3-antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody-associated cutaneous vasculitis without systemic involvement.
- Pilot randomised controlled trial of protective socks against usual care to reduce skin tears in high risk people “STOPCUTS”: study protocol
- Familial BAP1 mutation presenting in a child with innocuous-looking skin lesions demonstrating a histologically distinct subtype of an atypical spitzoid tumour, and fatal paraganglioma in the father
If you’ve written an article, book or book chapter and you’d like the details added to the RD&E Research Repository, please contact us: rde-tr.ResearchRepository@nhs.net.
For more information on how the library can support your research, please visit the Research Hub.
Click here for instructions and links to download the official NICE apps for:
BNF for Children
To use the NICE BNF and NICE BNFC apps for the first time and to activate any content updates, users will need to enter their NHS OpenAthens user name and password. For further advice, visit theNICE apps support page.