These are a selection of the resources which are available to you.
If you would like to suggest any additional resources or improvements, please contact us.
Page updated: 04/05/18
Download the latest Obstetrics & Gynaecology resource list here (PDF):
To look for specific books, please search the Library Catalogue.
Here is a list of some of the newest additions to stock in this subject area:
(Click on the title to check availability on the Library Catalogue)
- EFOG Part 1: 400 MCQs, EMQs and SBAs. London: JP Medical, 2017.
- Eureka! Obstetrics & gynaecology. London: JP Medical, 2017.
- Llewellyn-Jones fundamentals of obstetrics & gynaecology. Edinburgh: Elsevier, 2017.
- Differential diagnosis in obstetrics & gynaecology: an A-Z. 2nd ed. London: CRC Press, 2016.
- Gynaecology: evidence-based algorithims. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2016.
- Obstetrics: evidence-based algorithims. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2016.
- Revision notes for the DRCOG: a textbook of women’s health. 2nd ed. London: CRC Press, 2016.
- Part 2 MRCOG: single best answer questions. Chichester: Wiley, 2016.
- Obstetrics & gynaecology and evidence-based text for MRCOG. 3rd ed. London: CRC Press, 2016.
To browse a fuller list of books available on this topic on the catalogue, please click here: browse Obstetrics & Gynaecology books.
Here is a relevant title which is available as an e-book (click title to access and log in with NHS OpenAthens login if prompted):
|Oxford handbook of obstetrics & gynaecology. 3rd ed.||2013||Collins|
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, we can obtain articles from other libraries for you via our Document Supply Service.
Here is a selection of some of the journals available for this specialty:
|Case Reports in Obstetrics & Gynaecology||2011-||Freely available|
|Current Opinion in Obstetrics & Gynaecology||1998-2016||NHS OpenAthens|
|Gynecologic & Obstetric Investigation||1998- (1 year delay)||NHS OpenAthens|
|Gynecological Surgery||2004- (1 year delay)||NHS OpenAthens|
|Journal of Gynecologic Oncology Nursing||2005-||NHS OpenAthens|
|Journal of Perinatology||2000- (1 year delay)||NHS OpenAthens|
|Journal of Family & Reproductive Health||2009-||NHS OpenAthens|
|Obstetrics & Gynaecology||1995-2016||NHS OpenAthens|
|Reproductive Biology & Endocrinology||2009-||NHS OpenAthens|
NHS Healthcare databases (HDAS) – (NHS OpenAthens login required)
Search across a set of databases including:
AMED – Allied & Complimentary Medicine – allied health professionals, complementary medicine
BNI – British Nursing Index – nursing, midwifery and health visitors
CINAHL Plus with Full Text – Cumulative Index to Nursing & Allied Health Literature – nursing & allied health professionals
EMBASE – Drugs and pharmacology
Health Business Elite – Healthcare administration, institutional management
HMIC – Healthcare Management Consortium
Medline – general medicine database
PsycINFO – Psychology & allied fields.
ProQuest Hospital Premium Collection – (NHS OpenAthens login required)
PubMed – (no login required)
For more information on these resources, full visit our full Evidence-based practice page.
Clinical Knowledge Summaries – no login required
Cochrane Library – no login required
NICE Evidence search – no login required. See also NICE Guidance, NICE Pathways & Standards & Indicators.
TRiP database – no login required. TRiP PRO is available from NHS networked PCs.
UpToDate – access via Hub (Non-Clinical Systems) on RD&E site, or via NHS OpenAthens off site.
e-Learning for Healthcare – NHS OpenAthens login. Including access to: eFM (Electronic Fetal Monitoring), e-LMpP (E-learning for Medical Problems in Pregnancy), e-SRH (Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare e-learning)
Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists
International Federation of Gynecology & Obstetrics: FIGO
British Association of Perinatal Medicine
Fetal Medicine Foundation
British Fertility Society
Peninsula PGME School of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Here are some of the latest research publications written by RD&E authors in this specialty:
(added to the RD&E Research Repository):
- Interventions for the treatment of Paget's disease of the vulva
- How can ways of working with others be developed to improve perinatal mental health care?
- Three biomarker tests to help diagnose preterm labour: a systematic review and economic evaluation
- Cathepsin L induces proangiogenic changes in human omental microvascular endothelial cells via activation of the ERK1/2 pathway.
If you’ve written an article, book or book chapter and you’d like the details added to the RD&E Research Repository, please contact us: rde-tr.ResearchRepository@nhs.net.
For more information on how the library can support your research, please visit the Research Hub.
Click here for instructions and links to download the official NICE apps for:
BNF for Children
To use the NICE BNF and NICE BNFC apps for the first time and to activate any content updates, users will need to enter their NHS OpenAthens user name and password. For further advice, visit the NICE apps support page.