These are a selection of the resources which are available to you.
If you would like to suggest any additional resources or improvements, please contact us.
Download the latest Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery resource list here (PDF):
To look for specific books, please search the Library Catalogue.
Here is a list of some of the newest additions to stock in this subject area:
(Click on the title to check availability on the Library Catalogue)
- Textbook of oral and maxillofacial surgery. 4th ed. London: Jaypee, 2016.
- Dentistry at a glance. Chichester, Wiley, 2016.
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery secrets. 3rd ed. London: Mosby, 2016.
- Pickard’s guide to minimally invasive operative dentistry. 10th ed. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2015.
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery. 2nd ed. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2014.
- Oral and maxillofacial medicine: the basis of diagnosis and treatment. 3rd ed. Edinburgh: Churchill Livingstone, 2013.
To browse a fuller list of books available on this topic on the catalogue, please click here: browse Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery books.
Here is a relevant title which is available as an e-book (click title to access and log in with NHS OpenAthens login if prompted):
|Oxford handbook of oral and maxillofacial surgery||2011||Cascarini|
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, we can obtain articles from other libraries for you via our Document Supply Service.
Here is a selection of some of the journals available for this specialty:
|Annals of Maxillofacial Surgery||2011-||Freely available|
|The Cleft Palate – Craniofacial Journal||2005-||NHS OpenAthens|
|Craniomaxillofacial Trauma and Reconstruction||2008- (1 year delay)||NHS OpenAthens|
|Journal of the Korean Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons||2013-||Freely available|
|Journal of Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery||2009- (1 year delay)||Freely available|
|Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology||2008-||Freely available|
|Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Research||2010-||Freely available|
|National Journal of Maxillofacial Surgery||2010-||Freely available|
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||1998- (1 year delay)||NHS OpenAthens|
NHS Healthcare databases (HDAS) – (NHS OpenAthens login required)
Search across a set of databases including:
AMED – Allied & Complimentary Medicine – allied health professionals, complementary medicine
BNI – British Nursing Index – nursing, midwifery and health visitors
CINAHL – Cumulative Index to Nursing & Allied Health Literature – nursing & allied health professionals
EMBASE – Drugs and pharmacology
Healthcare Business Elite – Healthcare administration, institutional management
HMIC – Healthcare Management Consortium
Medline – general medicine database
PsycINFO – Psychology & allied fields.
ProQuest Hospital Premium Collection – (NHS OpenAthens login required)
PubMed – (no login required)
For more information on these resources, full visit our full Evidence-based practice page.
BMJ Case Reports – NHS OpenAthens login required. Contact us for Fellowship Code to submit case reports.
Clinical Knowledge Summaries – no login required
Cochrane Library – no login required
NICE Evidence search – no login required. See also NICE Guidance, NICE Pathways & Standards & Indicators.
TRiP database – no login required. TRiP PRO is available from NHS networked PCs.
UpToDate – access via Hub (Non-Clinical Systems) on RD&E site, or via NHS OpenAthens off site.
BMJ Learning – NHS OpenAthens login & personal registration required
e-Learning for Healthcare – NHS OpenAthens login. Including access to e-Face and e-Den programmes.
British Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
Here are some of the latest research publications written by RD&E authors in this specialty:
(added to the RD&E Research Repository):
- Chewing gum vs. ibuprofen in the management of orthodontic pain, a multi-centre randomised controlled trial - the effect of anxiety.
- Comparative assessment of chewing gum and ibuprofen in the management of orthodontic pain with fixed appliances: A pragmatic multicenter randomized controlled trial.
- Vertical subsigmoid osteotomy fixation with miniplates: a case report.
- Surgical smoke evacuation: a modification to improve efficiency and minimise potential health risk.
If you’ve written an article, book or book chapter and you’d like the details added to the RD&E Research Repository, please contact us: rde-tr.ResearchRepository@nhs.net.
For more information on how the library can support your research, please visit the Research Hub.
Click here for instructions and links to download the official NICE apps for:
BNF for Children
To use the NICE BNF and NICE BNFC apps for the first time and to activate any content updates, users will need to enter their NHS OpenAthens user name and password. For further advice, visit theNICE apps support page.