These are a selection of the resources which are available to you.
If you would like to suggest any additional resources or improvements, please contact us.
Download the latest Oncology resource list here (PDF):
To look for specific books, please search the Library Catalogue.
Here is a list of some of the newest additions to stock in this subject area:
(Click on the title to check availability on the Library Catalogue)
- A practical guide to human cancer genetics. 4th ed. London: Springer, 2014.
- Advanced nursing practice and nurse-led clinics in oncology. London: Routledge, 2016.
- Biological psychiatry of cancer and cancer treatment. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2016.
- Fast facts: chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting. Abingdon: Health Press, 2016.
- Molecular biology of cancer: mechanisms, targets & therapeutics. 4th ed. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2016.
- Oxford textbook of oncology. 3rd ed. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2016.
- Problem solving for older cancer patients. Oxford: Clinical Publishing, 2016.
- Radiation protection in medical imaging and radiation oncology. London: CRC Press, 2016.
To browse a fuller list of books available on this topic on the catalogue, please click here: browse Oncology books.
All e-books are catalogued and accessible via the Library Catalogue.
An NHS OpenAthens login is required to access most e-books.
Here are some relevant titles which are available as an e-book (click title to access and log in with NHS OpenAthens login if prompted):
|Oxford handbook of oncology. 4th ed.||2015||Cassidy|
|Practical management of complex cancer pain (Oxford Specialist Handbook)||2014||Sharma|
|Oxford handbook of cancer nursing||2007||Tadman|
You can search our journal subscriptions on our A-Z Journals page.
An NHS OpenAthens login may be required to access some of the online journals.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, we can obtain articles from other libraries for you via our Document Supply Service.
Here is a selection of some of the journals available for this specialty:
|Annals of Surgical Oncology||1999- (1 year delay)||NHS OpenAthens|
|BMC Cancer||2001-||Freely available|
|British Journal of Cancer||1947- (1 year delay on some articles)||Freely available|
|Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing||2000- (1 year delay)||NHS OpenAthens|
|Current Treatment Options in Oncology||2000- (1 year delay)||NHS OpenAthens|
|European Journal of Cancer Care||1998-||NHS OpenAthens|
|International Journal of Clinical Oncology||1997- (1 year delay)||NHS OpenAthens|
|Journal of Clinical Oncology||2004-||NHS OpenAthens|
|Lancet Oncology||2000- (2 month delay)||NHS OpenAthens|
|Nature Reviews: Cancer||2001- (1 year delay)||NHS OpenAthens|
|Nature Reviews: Oncology||2004- (1 year delay)||NHS OpenAthens|
|Supportive Care in Cancer||1997- (1 year delay)||NHS OpenAthens|
|Surgical Oncology||2003- (2 month delay)||NHS OpenAthens|
NHS Healthcare databases (HDAS) – (NHS OpenAthens login required)
Search across a set of databases including:
AMED – Allied & Complimentary Medicine – allied health professionals, complementary medicine
BNI – British Nursing Index – nursing, midwifery and health visitors
CINAHL Plus with Full Text – Cumulative Index to Nursing & Allied Health Literature – nursing & allied health professionals
EMBASE – Drugs and pharmacology
Healthcare Business Elite – Healthcare administration, institutional management
HMIC – Healthcare Management Consortium
Medline – general medicine database
PsycINFO – Psychology & allied fields.
ProQuest Hospital Premium Collection – (NHS OpenAthens login required)
PubMed – (no login required)
For more information on these resources, full visit our full Evidence-based practice page.
Clinical Knowledge Summaries – no login required
Cochrane Library – no login required
NICE Evidence search – no login required. See also NICE Guidance, NICE Pathways & Standards & Indicators.
TRiP database – no login required. TRiP PRO is available from NHS networked PCs.
UpToDate – access via Hub (Non-Clinical Systems) on RD&E site, or via NHS OpenAthens off site.
e-Learning for Healthcare – NHS OpenAthens login. Including access to Cancer in the Community.
Association of Cancer Physicians
Macmillan Cancer Support
Here are some of the latest research publications written by RD&E authors in this specialty:
(added to the RD&E Research Repository):
- Artificial intelligence - can it be used to outsmart oral cancer?
- Associations Between Glycemic Traits and Colorectal Cancer: A Mendelian Randomization Analysis
- British Gynaecological Cancer Society (BGCS) uterine cancer guidelines: Recommendations for practice
- Re-evaluating the diagnostic efficacy of PSA as a referral test to detect clinically significant prostate cancer in contemporary MRI-based image-guided biopsy pathways
If you’ve written an article, book or book chapter and you’d like the details added to the RD&E Research Repository, please contact us: rde-tr.ResearchRepository@nhs.net.
For more information on how the library can support your research, please visit the Research Hub.
Click here for instructions and links to download the official NICE apps for:
BNF for Children
To use the NICE BNF and NICE BNFC apps for the first time and to activate any content updates, users will need to enter their NHS OpenAthens user name and password. For further advice, visit the NICE apps support page.