These are a selection of the resources which are available to you.
If you would like to suggest any additional resources or improvements, please contact us.
Download the latest Trauma & Orthopaedics resource list here (PDF):
To look for specific books, please search the Library Catalogue.
Here is a list of some of the newest additions to stock in this subject area:
(Click on the title to check availability on the Library Catalogue)
- Pocket tutor orthopaedics. London: JP Medical, 2017.
- Musculoskeletal x-rays for medical students and trainees. Chichester: Wiley, 2017.
- Key clinical topics in trauma. London: JP Medical, 2016.
- McRae’s orthopaedic trauma and emergency fracture management. 3rd ed. Edinburgh: Elsevier, 2016.
- Netter’s concise orthopaedic anatomy. 2nd ed. Edinburgh: Elsevier, 2016.
- Netter’s orthopaedic clinical examination: an evidence-based approach. 3rd ed. Edinburgh: Elsevier, 2016.
- Pocket orthopaedic surgery. New York: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2016.
- A practical approach to musculoskeletal medicine: assessment, diagnosis, treatment. Edinburgh: Elsevier, 2016.
- Trauma and orthopaedics at a glance. Chichester: Wiley, 2016.
- Trauma for the FRCS (Tr & Orth) examination. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2016.
To browse a fuller list of books available on this topic on the catalogue, please click here: browse Trauma & Orthopaedics books.
Here are some relevant titles which are available as an e-book (click title to access and log in with NHS OpenAthens login if prompted):
|Oxford handbook of orthopaedic & trauma nursing||2011||Jester|
|Oxford handbook of orthopaedics & trauma||2010||Bowden|
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, we can obtain articles from other libraries for you via our Document Supply Service.
Here is a selection of some of the journals available for this specialty:
|Acta Orthopaedica||2005- (18 month delay)||NHS OpenAthens|
|BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders||2000-||Freely available|
|Clinical Orthopaedics & Related Research||2008- (1 year delay)||NHS OpenAthens|
|European Spine Journal||1997- (1 year delay)||NHS OpenAthens|
|Foot and Ankle International||1999-||NHS OpenAthens|
|Journal of Foot and Ankle Research||2008-||Freely available|
|Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery||1997-||NHS OpenAthens|
|Journal of Trauma Nursing||2005-||NHS OpenAthens|
|The Knee||2003- (2 month delay)||NHS OpenAthens|
|Knee Surgery & Related Research||2011-||Freely available|
|Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy||1999- (1 year delay)||NHS OpenAthens|
|Musculoskeletal Surgery||2008- (1 year delay)||NHS OpenAthens|
NHS Healthcare databases (HDAS) – (NHS OpenAthens login required)
Search across a set of databases including:
AMED – Allied & Complimentary Medicine – allied health professionals, complementary medicine
BNI – British Nursing Index – nursing, midwifery and health visitors
CINAHL – Cumulative Index to Nursing & Allied Health Literature – nursing & allied health professionals
EMBASE – Drugs and pharmacology
Healthcare Business Elite – Healthcare administration, institutional management
HMIC – Healthcare Management Consortium
Medline – general medicine database
PsycINFO – Psychology & allied fields.
ProQuest Hospital Premium Collection – (NHS OpenAthens login required)
PubMed – (no login required)
For more information on these resources, full visit our full Evidence-based practice page.
BMJ Case Reports – NHS OpenAthens login required. Contact us for Fellowship Code to submit case reports.
Clinical Knowledge Summaries – no login required
Cochrane Library – no login required
NICE Evidence search – no login required. See also NICE Guidance, NICE Pathways & Standards & Indicators.
TRiP database – no login required. TRiP PRO is available from NHS networked PCs.
UpToDate – access via Hub (Non-Clinical Systems) on RD&E site, or via NHS OpenAthens off site.
BMJ Learning – NHS OpenAthens login & personal registration required
e-Learning for Healthcare – NHS OpenAthens login.
British Orthopaedic Association
British Society for Rheumatology
The Musculoskeletal Elf – from the National Elf Service. Keep up to date with reliable research, policy and guidance.
Here are some of the latest research publications written by RD&E authors in this specialty:
(added to the RD&E Research Repository):
- The magnetic resonance imaging appearance of the anterolateral ligament of the knee in association with anterior cruciate rupture.
- Triceps on approach for total elbow arthroplasty: worth preserving? A review of approaches for total elbow arthroplasty.
- Bovine and degenerated human annulus fibrosus: a microstructural and micromechanical comparison.
- Cement-in-cement revision of the femoral stem: analysis of 1179 first-time revisions in the Swedish Hip Arthroplasty Register.
If you’ve written an article, book or book chapter and you’d like the details added to the RD&E Research Repository, please contact us: rde-tr.ResearchRepository@nhs.net.
For more information on how the library can support your research, please visit the Research Hub.
Click here for instructions and links to download the official NICE apps for:
BNF for Children
To use the NICE BNF and NICE BNFC apps for the first time and to activate any content updates, users will need to enter their NHS OpenAthens user name and password. For further advice, visit the NICE apps support page.