Exeter Health Library and DPT Library use the SWIMS library catalogue.
SWIMS is a library catalogue that is shared by all NHS libraries across the South and
West of England. SWIMS enables you to search for books and other items held at your
local NHS library, see items held by other NHS libraries in the region, and to view and
renew your loans online. If you would like to borrow an item not held by your library then
please contact a member of your local library team.
Create a Library account – this will need to be activated before you can login.
- go to http://www.swims.nhs.uk
- click the login option in the blue menu bar – a login box will appear.
- in the Username field, enter library barcode or registered email address – click on the link under Reset your pin
- click on a link (which will be emailed to you) – then you can set a 4 or 6 digit PIN for your library account
Searching the library catalogue
- Find books with Exeter Health Library EXE in the Shelfmarks field:
- To renew your library books online go to the Library Catalogue https://swims.inforlib.uk/iguana/www.main.cls?surl=useractivities, and you will be prompted to log in
- Access Current loans – click in the box of the book you wish to renew, click Renew selected loans or Renew all loans
UEMS/PCMD students and staff need to register with us and will be issued with a SWIMS library card.
NHS staff can continue to use their existing library cards.
You can also renew books by email (email@example.com) or telephone: 01392 406800.
If you cannot find the book you are looking for you can
Request a book via our document supply service.
Please see the SWIMS-catalogue-guide if you require further details.