David Newman is the Exeter Health Library Trainer. He is a teacher with a background in scientific research,
He can help you:
1: To find information such as:
- Relevant papers using databases; CINAHL, the British Nursing Index, MEDLINE, Embase, or PubMed.
- Answers to clinical queries, rapidly with UpToDate.
- Tips and tools to quickly find online resources on other reliable websites.
2: To present information such as:
- Formatting your essay or dissertation with contents, tables and references.
- Graphs and diagrams in documents, spreadsheets or presentations.
- Posters, fliers and PowerPoint presentations.
3: To process information such as:
- Designing surveys.
- Using custom spreadsheets to collect information for audits etc.
- Collating and processing information for regular snap shots (eg for Comms Cells).
David trains both in the library and out in the community. Click here for a ‘menu’ of the training courses – which can be customised to suit you.
All courses are FREE to:
- NHS staff at the RD&E,
- Northern Devon Healthcare,
- Devon Partnership Trust
- Medical School undergraduate students based at the RD&E.
For more information contact David:
Tel: 01392 406727