All students on placement with the RD&E are welcome to use Exeter Health Library facilities and for the duration of their placement with the Trust.
We currently support students on placement from:
- University of Exeter/PCMD (BMBS Years 3-5 and Radiology students) – see UEMS/PCMD support page
- University of Plymouth (nursing and midwifery students)
- Visiting students from other institutions
Your main library for the duration of your course is your university library, which will provide full services, including loans, inter-library loans, access to course reading materials and electronic resources, information skills training and use of all facilities. You will be able to access electronic resources remotely.
However, whilst you are on placement, you may also use your local NHS library. To find your nearest NHS library and its opening hours, go to http://www.hlisd.org.
Exeter Health Library will provide you with the following during your time on placement:
- Access during staffed open hours. 24/7 access via proximity card.
- Loan and reference facilities (note that the books that you borrow must always be returned to the library that lent them)
- Access to library computers (NHS and UoE) and local Wi-Fi networks (eduroam and UoE Guest access)
- Information about the library services and facilities available (an induction session may be organised for you, but if not, please ask)
- Access to photocopying, printing and scanning services (for which there may be a charge)
- Access to additional NHS electronic resources. You’ll need an NHS OpenAthens account: your university may issue you with one (see the list of participating universities), or you can self-register https://openathens.nice.org.uk/. You can see the list of NHS national core content electronic resources here.
While you are on placement with the Trust you can register for a local NHS OpenAthens account which will give you access to regional and local NHS e-resources in addition to the national core content. Please self-register using a different e-mail address to your University e-mail address (e.g. Yahoo, Gmail) and select ‘Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust’ as your organisation.